So This Is The Plan....

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Alright...everyone who knows me, knows that I'm semi-nomadic. This can make keeping in touch difficult at times. Plus...sometimes I'd rather "sneak away" from the civilized world. :) A good friend had the wonderful idea of starting a blog...mostly meant for the people in my life that would like to keep some level of "tabs" on what I've been up to or just find out where in the country I currently am. And by checking in here, I'll know to get back to you...hence - keeping in touch! I'm also gonna talk about a bunch of hiker stuff and some foodie stuff, too - that might appeal to perfect strangers...so Welcome, whoever you are! Enjoy and leave me a note to say hello. :)

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bowing Out...For Now

     Alright, I'm going to keep this short because, honestly, I'm a bit upset.  I've finally come to the hard decision to put off my A.T. hike this year.  Financially, it's just not going to happen.  I had previously decided that, even though I wouldn't have enough set aside to make it all the way to Maine, I would just go as far as I could.  The more I thought about that plan, the more sure I became that that's just not how I want to do this thing.  I've been planning forever and I want to do it right.  I know - Hike Your Own Hike - and I will.  My way.  When I can afford to.  I'm not giving up, just facing realism.  Oh well...one day...

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that! I was really looking froward to reading about the big hike, but I can wait. I can only imagine what your feeling though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geno. Yeah, I'm bummed...but I'll do it eventually. It's been adream for many years and I'm not ready to give up on it. In fact that's why I don't want to go yet...because it's become so important to me and I want to do it right. Been doing much hiking out in your neck of the woods?

      Delete
  2. Yea, we are getting to know the area pretty well now. just waiting for the high country to melt off so we can get back out there. Especially excited for the upcoming mushroom season. And my big dream is to one day do the Continental Divide Trail...

    ReplyDelete